Racism: Recognize it. Reject it! Facilitator Training
(for Racism: Recognize it. Reject it! Youth Leadership Workshops)
In order to have facilitators for the Racism: Recognize it. Reject it! Youth Leadership Workshops, MCoS is offering anti-racism facilitator training. This intensive orientation will take place the day before the workshop in each location. It is mandatory for facilitators to commit to both the training and the workshop. Lunch and facilitation guide included.
2020 Racism: Recognize it. Reject it! Facilitator Training
Dates and Locations:
- Melville: February 5-6, Melville Comprehensive High School, 202 10 Ave E, Melville, SK S0A 2P0
- Regina: March 4-5, Core Ritchie Neighbourhood Centre Gym, 445 14 Ave, Regina, SK S4N 6T5
- La Ronge: March 10-11, Kikinahk Friendship Centre, 320 Boardman St, Bedford Dr, La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0
- Battleford: Registration open! Training and workshop have been postponed due to Covid-19 outbreak, Venue and Date TBD
Online registration form: Youth Leadership Facilitator Training form
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can take this training?
People, especially young adults, with some experience in at least one of the following areas: leadership, multiculturalism, anti-racism, and anti-oppression. High school students, university students, Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS) or people working in the community are encouraged to apply.
What is the time commitment?
It is mandatory for facilitators to commit to both the training and the workshop:
- Day 1 – Facilitator will receive training.
- Day 2 – Facilitate small group activities with high school students
MCoS hopes that interested parties will want to continue facilitating in the future.
What do I receive?
In addition to skill development and tools, facilitators may receive an honorarium for the 2 days. MCoS can also provide references upon request.
How will MCoS choose facilitators?
We will assess applicants on their ability to commit to the two days and their interest in continuing in future years, as well as their experience and interest in working with these topics and/or with teens.