1. 2018 MCoS Board Nominations
MCoS is seeking members to join our Board of Directors. This is an opportunity to share your perspectives, learn, and make decisions in the interests of the provincial multicultural community.
- The MCoS Board has the following positions open for nominations: (1) President, (1) Vice-President, (1) Treasure, and (3) Directors at Large. All terms, except the Treasurer are two (2) years; the Treasurer is a one (1) year term.
- Nominees must be members in good standing, either individual or belonging to a member organization in good standing.
- The Past President accepts applications on the floor until the final call for each position and nominees can nominate themselves.
- In order for an applicant’s nomination to be promoted to the membership it must be received by Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
- Applications received after this date will be treated as a nomination from the floor.
- All candidates must qualify to be a director of a non-profit corporation according to the The Non-Profit Corporations Act, 1995. Please see Nominations form for qualifications.
2. Nomination Package
All prospective candidates should read the nominations package. It is very important that any candidates fully understand the role and responsibilities to which they are committing. It includes information on:
- Board roles (for all Directors and for positions)
- MCoS Ends
- Policy Governance, which is MCoS’ chosen governing style
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Time commitment
NOTE: Please carefully review the nomination package provided below BEFORE filling out a nomination form. We have provided a word version.
Download Nomination Package
3. MCoS Board of Directors Nomination Form
The MCoS Board has the following positions open for nominations: (1) President, (1) Vice-President, (1) Treasure, and (3) Directors at Large.
Remember: In order for an applicant’s nomination to be promoted to the membership, it must be received by Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
1) Nominate online: 2018 Board Nomination Form (online)
2) Nominate on paper: 2018 MCoS Board Nomination form (docx)
Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation prior to the AGM.
4. MCoS 2018 Board Candidates
This year, MCoS is seeking nominations for (1) President, (1) Vice-President, (1) Treasure, and (3) Directors at Large. The list of candidates will be compiled and published for you to review by late May in consideration for voting at the AGM on June 23rd. We will still accept board nominations at the AGM on the floor until nominations are declared closed.
View and download: Forthcoming.