Date(s) - 15/11/2014
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
2014 SASKATCHEWAN MULTICULTURAL WEEK
40TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SASKATCHEWAN MULTICULTURAL ACT
Free Public Forum to Discuss Multiculturalism in Saskatchewan
Multiculturalism: Remember our Past, Envision our Future
It’s been 40 years since the Saskatchewan passed the first multiculturalism act in North America. Join us to share your stories and ideas about the past, present and future of multiculturalism in Saskatchewan.
We will also officially launch the WeAreSk PSAs which feature stories of integration across Saskatchewan. This is a partnership between seven organizations: The Aboriginal Friendship Centres of Saskatchewan (AFCS), Conseil Culturel Fransaskois (CCF), the Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan (MCoS), the Saskatchewan Filmpool Cooperative, the Saskatchewan German Council (SGC), the Saskatchewan Organization for Heritage Languages (SOHL), and the Ukrainian Canadian Congress – Saskatchewan Provincial Council (UCC-SPC).
Hosted by the Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan and the Government of Saskatchewan
Master of Ceremonies: Costa Maragos
- Rebecca Otitoju – community leader from White City, on social and civic engagement;
- Evelyn Wojcichowsky – board member and volunteer for Yevshan Ukrainian Folk Ballet Ensemble, on experiences with Ukrainian dance as a way to celebrate, retain and share culture; and
- Noy Lim and Royce Pettyjohn – Maple Creek Commercial Hotel, and community and economic development coordinator, on newcomers, business and community in small town Saskatchewan.
- Free Range Multicultural Band
- Terrance Littletent and the Kawacatoose Boys
When and Where:
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Registration: 8:30 a.m. (Free event)
Forum: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
First Nations University of Canada, Regina
Parking in Lot 19M, southeast side of building
Lunch available with registration and Anniversary cake for all