|Name of Program||Who Can Apply||You can apply for up to:||Application Deadline||Approx. # of grants per year|
|Intercultural Connections||Non-Profit Members||$3,000||tba||10 per year|
The Intercultural Connections category is for work that brings communities together in ways that will build relationships based on understanding and respect. They might also question stereotypes, make privilege visible, and form alliances. You can apply for up to $3,000 per project.
Some examples of Intercultural Connections that MCoS has invested in:
- Frame to Frame in Stages (drama productions catering to cultural diversity);
- Ness Creek Intercultural Connections 2 and 3 (strengthening intercultural connections between newcomers and First Nations people in Saskatchewan);
- Spring Free From Racism (Celebrating our cultural diversity through art and singing workshops);
- Ugandan Canadian Association of Saskatchewan A Pan-African Canadian Socio-Cultural and Leadership Development Project Leading to Mosaic Pavilion(s) in 2014 and Beyond; and
- Prince Albert Multicultural Council – Discover Diversity in Language Program.
To view some examples of Intercultural Connections Success Stories you can use as models for your project – click here.
Guidelines are forthcoming. Stay tuned.
Apply for an Intercultural Connections Grant
New Application deadlines: tba
We are continuing to work with our provincial BRIDGES partners, AFCS and SAISIA to refine criteria for intercultural connections projects. We are, therefore, not accepting applications at this time. Please continue to watch the newsletter and web site for announcements.
Follow-Up Report for Intercultural Connections
Online form: Follow-Up Form for Intercultural Connections (online)
Download form: Intercultural Connections Follow Up Report Form (doc)
For more information and ideas, contact Rhonda Rosenberg, Executive Director, at email@example.com