MCoS Multicultural Honours
A Celebration in Honour of Multicultural Contributions
Stay tuned for the 2018 Awards information.
MCoS Multicultural Honours Award Nominations
Betty Szuchewycz Award for outstanding contributions to multiculturalism in Saskatchewan. Priority will be given to nominees who have demonstrated sustained periods of commitment in their contributions. (This award now includes a $500 donation to the recipient’s charity of choice.)
Multicultural Youth Leadership Award for significant contributions from people 29 years and under. (The Saskatchewan Government and General Employees’ Union (SGEU) is partnering with MCoS to present this award, which now includes a $500 reward.)
Eligibility: Living Saskatchewan residents are eligible for nomination with the following exceptions:
- Anyone who is currently serving as an MCoS Board member, committee member or staff or has served in the past 2 years is not eligible
- Immediate family members of such board members or staff are not eligible
- People holding or seeking political office are not eligible
- Members of the judiciary who still hold office are not eligible
- Any past recipients of any MCoS award cannot be nominated for the same award.
Criteria: All nominees will be evaluated on how their contributions align with the five streams of multicultural work: 1) Cultural Continuity, 2) Celebration of Diversity, 3) Anti-Racism, 4) Intercultural Connections and 5) Integration. Preference will be given to the person who demonstrates the most significant contributions to all five streams of work.
Word Nomination Form
If you prefer, you can download and complete the Word version of the nomination form.
Online Nomination Form
If you prefer, you can complete the online version of the nomination form.