Who’s your Multicultural Superhero?
Saskatchewan Multicultural Week takes place November 18-26, 2017. This year’s theme and campaign is “Who’s Your Multicultural Superhero? and it runs from November 1-30. We invite you to help us celebrate by telling us who your multicultural superhero is and how they help to create welcoming and inclusive communities. You can learn how to participate in this campaign below.
What is a Multicultural Superhero?
Multicultural Superheroes Promote Multicultural Values
Multicultural Superheroes can include any person or group of people, real or fictitious, who inspires you with their super powers for respect and inclusion. A Multicultural Superhero is someone who creates welcoming and inclusive communities by:
- Protecting and celebrating all cultures
- Proudly embracing and sharing traditions
- Battling “Villains”, such as racism, discrimination, disrespectful ideologies, oppressive social systems and institutions, etc.
- Leaping tall barriers to build bridges for intercultural connections
- Activating a power magnet to draw diverse people together for creative innovation
- Demonstrating super vision and strength to achieve equality and equity for all
Examples of Multicultural Superheroes
Multicultural Superheroes could be leaders of all types: Organizations, Movements, Individuals (Family Members; Friends; Politicians; Activists; Famous People; Comic book, TV, Movie and Book Characters; Authors; Artists; Athletes; etc.): Amnesty International, Idle No More, Your Mom, Your boss, a Teacher, Louis Riel, Nelson Mandela, Rosemary Brown, Maria Linklater, Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Peggy McIntosh, Harriet Tubman, Elijah Harper, Rosalie Abella, Kamala Khan, Black Panther, Maya Angelou, Jackie Robinson, Zarqa Nawaz, Arundhati Roy, David Suzuki, and the list goes on!
How do I share about my Multicultural Superhero?
I want to tell the world about my #MulticulturalSuperhero!
The campaign runs from November 1-30. Share about your multicultural superhero on social media using #multiculturalsuperhero and challenge others to do the same. Get creative; the sky is the limit!