2019 Multifaith Calendar – Now Available
Published annually by the Multifaith Action Society (MAS), the Multifaith Calendar (MFC) is a unique educational resource that facilitates understanding of religious observances, occasions and festivals important to a wide spectrum of cultural and faith communities.
The Multifaith Calendar assists in recognizing and respecting the diversity across our faith communities, while at the same time seeking to celebrate the values we hold in common. We expect to learn from each other and assume from our experience that the faith we each espouse will be enriched by interaction with those of other beliefs and traditions.
More specifically, the Multifaith Calendar offers insight into the world’s major faiths – a window that gives not only accurate information on each of the major holidays and festivals, including their dates and significance, but detailed historical information of these faiths and their relationship to time. With this information, we can better understand the cultures from which they emerge.
This Calendar provides accurate dates with descriptions for the world’s major religions and the cultural festivals of most ethnic groups in North America. Included are dates for: Aboriginal Spirituality, Baha’i Faith, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shintoism, Sikhism, Unitarianism, Wiccan and Zarathushti (Zoroastrianism). In addition, the MFC identifies examples of 20th Century Religions, including Scientology.
The Calendar is also a carefully selected collection of art work. Each year a new theme is chosen and artists from across North America and internationally submit work for consideration. We are proud to say that the 28 images in the 2019 calendar are original works of art from a wide variety of artists. The theme for the 2019 edition is Coming Together: Exploring New Connections.
Rather than separate and divide even further, now is the time to take down walls, and come together in new ways. The 2019 edition of the MFC asks what connects us? Is it economies, politics, a sense of place, a unique culture? What brings people together in dialogue, action and creativity? How do we build new bridges across old divides? The 2019 MFC looks for new paradigms on how to actively engage with each other that holds the promise of inclusion and not exclusion and strives to demonstrate visually and with content that there is less that separates us than brings us together. Enjoy!
What’s New for 2019: Over the years, the MFC has been privileged to feature aboriginal seasons and moons according to different First Nations, including Nisga’a (northwestern BC) and Ojibwa (eastern BC to western Quebec and in the upper and mid-west in the US). This year, the 2019 MFC features moons and months according to the Cree First Nations.
The Cree occupy a large area of across Canada’s north from Quebec to Alberta as well as parts of Montana in the US, from the northern woodlands areas to the southern plains. While being one people, there is a great variation amongst the different regional groups, which include: Plains Cree, Woodland Cree, Swampy Cree, Moose Cree, Attikamek and East Cree. This edition of the MFC uses Woodland Cree for the purposes of describing Cree moons and months.
Featuring original art from visual artists across North America and Internationally, the 2019 MFC marks the 33rd year of publication and features the theme of Coming Together: Exploring New Connections.
Benefits and Uses of Multifaith Calendars
- A source of accurate dates and descriptions of approx 430 events, including observances from 14 world religions.
- A collection of expressive original visual art and stunning photography.
- An excellent fundraising vehicle for all organizations, including non-profit/charitable groups.
- Bulk order discounts and wholesale opportunities available.
- The Calendar is a valuable tool for human resource professionals in diverse workplaces to keep themselves aware of holiday observances of staff from different faith communities.
- The Calendar allows managers in local offices to demonstrate the company’s commitment to diversity. For example, staff of different faith communities can be invited to hold social events for their colleagues to broaden their mutual awareness and understanding.
- The Calendar makes an attractive gift for clients and for staff—a gift that reinforces your company’s commitment to diversity.
- Teachers appreciate this as a gift that enriches their classrooms all year.
- The Calendar is an attractive addition to a workspace or break room.
- Environmentally conscious, the printed MFC has the following certifications: Forest Stewardship Council; Rainforest Alliance; and, EcoLogo
Order 2019 Multifaith Calendar
1) CHOOSE THIS OPTION IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BUY CALENDARS ONLINE AND WANT TO PAY BY CASH OR CHEQUE. FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
2019 Multifaith Calendar Order Form (word document)
2) CHOOSE THIS OPTION IF YOU WANT TO BUY CALENDARS ONLINE USING PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.
Order 2019 Multifaith Calendar (online store)
Electronic MFC Available
Given the popularity of the printed wall Multifaith Calendar, it was made available as an online version, created specifically for organizations, companies, and institutions to demonstrate their commitment to diversity in a more comprehensive and impactful way. Keeping the integrity and visual appeal of the printed version, the Electronic MFC features detailed, factual information on practices, holidays, and observances for 14 world cultures and religions.
The Electronic Multifaith Calendar offers the end users a quick and ready reference to important religious/faith/cultural events, as well as UN observances, lunar phases, and civic holidays (both North American and selected international days).
The Electronic MFC as an environmentally friendly choice and of particular appeal to large organizations / institutions who want to make this information available to as many people as possible.
As an online resource, our Electronic MFC has been able to integrate additional information relating to religious accommodation as well as provide the user with links to additional web-based resources and information.
Essential features of the Electronic version include all of the content of the printed version:
– No installation required.
– Option of customization with corporate logo and unique corporate/organization events.
– Works on any computer, including Mac, Windows and any network.
– One login for all users within the subscription plan.
– Unique ability to add any charitable organization to your E.MFC so co-workers / employees can donate directly.
– Option to download events onto your tablet via cvs, outlook or in a PDF format.
– Search button lets you find specific events quickly and easily.
Additional features in the Electronic MFC:
Customization: The E.MFC offers the option to incorporate a subscribing organization’s logo, mission statement, commitment to diversity, etc. Specific company/organization events/dates associated with diversity (or otherwise) can also be incorporated to keep in touch with your staff via this option. In addition, all observances / event categories can be controlled (i.e. hidden or shown).
Religious Accommodation feature: The E.MFC provides subscribers with additional useful information around diversity and awareness, particularly relevant for human resources (what observances may need some type of accommodation by employers (i.e. a day off work or a short time for religious observance).
Export function: The E.MFC has three export options: cvs, excel and .ics. All can be exported to, for example, Outlook, Google Calendar, etc. and is relatively simple to do so with a click option once in the subscriber’s area. It can be done for the whole year or month by month.
Accessibility: The E.MFC conforms to government standards for accessibility for the visually impaired.
To order the Electronic Multifaith Calendar, contact MCoS at 306-721-6267 or email@example.com