Published annually by the Multifaith Action Society (MAS), the Multifaith Calendar is a unique educational resource that facilitates understanding of religious observances, occasions and festivals important to a wide spectrum of cultural and faith communities. Featuring 26 pieces of original art from visual artists across North America and Internationally, the 2020 MFC marks the 34th year of publication and features the theme: Reimagining Peace and Harmony.
The Multifaith Calendar assists in recognizing and respecting the diversity across our faith communities, while at the same time seeking to celebrate the values we hold in common. We expect to learn from each other and assume from our experience that the faith we each espouse will be enriched by interaction with those of other beliefs and traditions.
More specifically, the Multifaith Calendar offers insight into the world’s major faiths – a window that gives not only accurate information on each of the major holidays and festivals, including their dates and significance, but detailed historical information of these faiths and their relationship to time. With this information, we can better understand the cultures from which they emerge.
This Calendar provides accurate dates with descriptions for the world’s major religions and the cultural festivals of most ethnic groups in North America. Included are dates for: Aboriginal Spirituality, Baha’i Faith, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shintoism, Sikhism, Unitarianism, Wiccan and Zarathushti (Zoroastrianism). In addition, the MFC identifies examples of 20th Century Religions, including Scientology.
Who does not want world peace and harmony in their lives? It is an almost universal desire. But today, the world seems to be moving away from this ideal. What do you think peace looks like? Is it different from harmony? We all have moments of peace. We can in fact take a snap shot of the moment where we felt peace, but then it seems the moment moves away from us. Harmony is a little more fluid. It is not just one thing or one moment. Harmony is often created when many notes or many things come together in a new way and create a feeling. The 2020 Multifaith Calendar offers the opportunity to reflect on reimagining these two precious commodities in today’s world. Enjoy!
Benefits and Uses of Multifaith Calendars
- A source of accurate dates and descriptions of approx 430 events, including observances from 14 world religions.
- A collection of expressive original visual art and stunning photography.
- An excellent fundraising vehicle for all organizations, including non-profit/charitable groups.
- Bulk order discounts and wholesale opportunities available.
- The Calendar is a valuable tool for human resource professionals in diverse workplaces to keep themselves aware of holiday observances of staff from different faith communities.
- The Calendar allows managers in local offices to demonstrate the company’s commitment to diversity. For example, staff of different faith communities can be invited to hold social events for their colleagues to broaden their mutual awareness and understanding.
- The Calendar makes an attractive gift for clients and for staff—a gift that reinforces your company’s commitment to diversity.
- Teachers appreciate this as a gift that enriches their classrooms all year.
- The Calendar is an attractive addition to a workspace or break room.
- Environmentally conscious, the printed MFC has the following certifications: Forest Stewardship Council; Rainforest Alliance; and, EcoLogo
Order 2020 Multifaith Calendar
1) CHOOSE THIS OPTION IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BUY CALENDARS ONLINE AND WANT TO PAY BY CASH OR CHEQUE. FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
2020 Multifaith Calendar Order Form (word document)
2) CHOOSE THIS OPTION IF YOU WANT TO BUY CALENDARS ONLINE USING PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.
Order 2020 Multifaith Calendar (online store)
Electronic MFC Available
Given the popularity of the printed wall Multifaith Calendar, it was made available as an online version, created specifically for organizations, companies, and institutions to demonstrate their commitment to diversity in a more comprehensive and impactful way. Keeping the integrity and visual appeal of the printed version, the Electronic MFC features detailed, factual information on practices, holidays, and observances for 14 world cultures and religions.
The Electronic Multifaith Calendar offers the end users a quick and ready reference to important religious/faith/cultural events, as well as UN observances, lunar phases, and civic holidays (both North American and selected international days).
The Electronic MFC as an environmentally friendly choice and of particular appeal to large organizations / institutions who want to make this information available to as many people as possible.
As an online resource, our Electronic MFC has been able to integrate additional information relating to religious accommodation as well as provide the user with links to additional web-based resources and information.
Essential features of the Electronic version include all of the content of the printed version:
– No installation required.
– Option of customization with corporate logo and unique corporate/organization events.
– Works on any computer, including Mac, Windows and any network.
– One login for all users within the subscription plan.
– Unique ability to add any charitable organization to your E.MFC so co-workers / employees can donate directly.
– Option to download events onto your tablet via cvs, outlook or in a PDF format.
– Search button lets you find specific events quickly and easily.
Additional features in the Electronic MFC:
Customization: The E.MFC offers the option to incorporate a subscribing organization’s logo, mission statement, commitment to diversity, etc. Specific company/organization events/dates associated with diversity (or otherwise) can also be incorporated to keep in touch with your staff via this option. In addition, all observances / event categories can be controlled (i.e. hidden or shown).
Religious Accommodation feature: The E.MFC provides subscribers with additional useful information around diversity and awareness, particularly relevant for human resources (what observances may need some type of accommodation by employers (i.e. a day off work or a short time for religious observance).
Export function: The E.MFC has three export options: cvs, excel and .ics. All can be exported to, for example, Outlook, Google Calendar, etc. and is relatively simple to do so with a click option once in the subscriber’s area. It can be done for the whole year or month by month.
Accessibility: The E.MFC conforms to government standards for accessibility for the visually impaired.
To order the Electronic Multifaith Calendar, contact MCoS at 306-721-6267 or email@example.com