The Federal Anti-Racism Secreatariat would like to inform you that their colleagues at the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada launched a Call for Proposals for the Sectoral Initiatives Program. Interested parties are invited to submit proposals for projects that will help key sectors of the economy address labour market challenges and drive economic recovery.
The Sectoral Initiatives Program is a grants and contributions program that helps address current and future skills shortages by supporting the development and distribution of sector-specific labour market intelligence, national occupational standards, skills certification and accreditation systems, and innovative workforce development approaches while also promoting the participation of under-represented groups.
This initiative is meant to support economic recovery through stakeholder-based initiatives that will help key sectors address their immediate and emerging workforce challenges. Taking into account the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, this Call for Proposals is considering a wider variety of projects compared to past years, including those that implement solutions and tools that will help Canadian workers and employers.
Projects must seek to achieve at least one of the following two objectives:
1) Develop and implement sector-based solutions to address the workforce challenges of Canadian workers and employers
2) Address a specific need in support of economic recovery in a specific sector or across sectors
How to apply for Sectoral Initiatives Program funding?
Please refer to the following webpages for more details about the Sectoral Initiatives Program and information about how to apply for funding:
Funding: Sectoral Initiatives Program
Before submitting a proposal, carefully review the applicant guidelines and eligibility criteria. The deadline to submit a proposal is March 4, 2021.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact ESDC at:
WEBINAR on Application process
This session will be held on Wednesday, February 10 at 1 p.m. Eastern Time.
We will be referencing specific sections in the following documents during the information session. Please have them printed/available.
1) Overview of Call for Proposals
To start the session:
1. First, click on the link or copy it to your internet search bar: https://canada.webex.com/
2. Then, please enter the session number in the box below “Join a Meeting”, with no space between the numbers
Session number: 179 602 9859
Session Password: Sip2021!
3. Enter Your name, Email address and Session Password (again)
4. Click on Join Now
Please wait a while for the Webex page to start. It will open in another window.
To join the audio call, you can call any of the following numbers:
· Canada toll free : 1-855-288-0982
· Canada (Montreal): 1-438-797-4001
· Canada (Quebec) : 1-581-319-7414
· International phone numbers (elsewhere in Canada)
– At the beginning of the call, you will be asked to choose your language (1# for English).
– You will be asked for the session number followed by #.
– The second code requested is not mandatory. You can simply enter the # without the number and you will be directed to the call.
1. Please go on the Webex site, click on the 3 parallel lines at the top left, then on “Support” / you can also use the following link: https://canada.webex.com/webappng/sites/canada/dashboard/support
2. You may want to send us an email to the program generic mailbox: