Important Events in Asian Canadian History
Asian-Canadians have demonstrated resilience through many instances of discrimination based on stereotypes and racism. The examples below demonstrate examples from our history and one example of a Regina man who challenged racist policies and attitudes. We continue to need to recognize and reject all four types of racism in order to build truly welcoming and inclusive communities that benefit from the contributions of Asian-Canadians and people of all heritages.
The Government of Canada has documented the important and historical events in Asian Canadian history that helped shaped Canada as we know it today.
Click on a link below to learn more:
MCoS is presenting a virtual forum to discuss Our Stories of Anti-Asian Racism on Wednesday, 26th May.
- Recognize an Essential Worker of Asian Origin – Nominate Now!
- COVID-19 AND ANTI-ASIAN HATE – Tips for victims of hate-motivated acts
- Noteworthy Canadians of Asian Origin
- Virtual Museum of Asian Canadian Cultural Heritage
- Veterans Affairs Canada: Heroes Remember: Canadian Chinese Veterans
- Chinese Canadian Women: 1923 – 1967
- 8 great Canadian books to read for Asian Heritage Month