MCoS offers $200 – $400 Multicultural Education Initiative (MEI) grants to schools and school boards in Saskatchewan to benefit students through classroom and professional development projects that support anti-racism, reconciliation, diversity and cultural education outcomes and promote the understanding, respect, appreciation, acceptance and celebration of all people as equally valuable in our society. We support 25 to 50 educational projects each year.
Examples of MEIs that MCoS has invested in:
- Sheldon-Williams Collegiate – Cultural Collaborations through Mindful Creative Writing Course
- Chief Poundmaker School – First Nation Cultural Quest
- Coronation Park Community School – Dual-Language Family Resource Centre
- Central Collegiate – Cultural Fair
- Kamsack Comprehensive Institute – Learning and Walking the Path of our Red River